Friday, February 29, 2008

AA vs. KK on last SNG hand (HA)

As far as I can remember, this is the first time I've seen this...


Full Tilt Poker, $5 + $0.50 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 120/240 Blinds, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: 1,544
Hero (BB): 11,956

Pre-Flop: (360) Ac Ad dealt to Hero (BB)
SB raises to 1,544 and is All-In, Hero calls 1,304

Flop: (3,088) Js Th 9c (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
Turn: (3,088) 5d (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
River: (3,088) 8d (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 3,088 Pot
SB showed Kc Ks (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-1,544 NET)
Hero showed Ac Ad (a pair of Aces) and WON 3,088 (+1,544 NET)


Fun way to end a fairly solid SNG. Really funny thing was that this was probably the only time I had seen the guy NOT slowplaying a premium hand. He had smooth-called so many bets and preflop minraises with JJ, QQ, and even KK. We're talking being super passive all the way down to the river with not-so-scary boards. He had also limp-called out of position on the first hand with T8o, and lost 2/3rd's of his stack calling down on a board of 9-8-K-T-K. The other guy had KK and rivered quads.


Anyways, I'm going to go ahead and call it a month and do some work on the sites rather than play a few more SNG's or treat myself to the 24k guarantee, like I do sometimes with affiliate funds. I was super busy this month and did not play very much at all, only a pathetic 8 SNG's. Yeah, I know, that's sad. It's also sad that I'm still not overly thrilled about the idea of me multi-tabling SNG's and/or MTT's. Cash NL and especially limit tables I've multi'd before with solid success, and I actually prefer playing 3-4 rather than focusing on one. But with tournaments I've always liked to focus on each hand and develop thorough notes on the other players... particularly in SNG's when they really come in handy during short-handed play and you don't have to worry about being moved around all over the place. I have tried going for two at once, usually a SNG and MTT, but I've continually found that it detracts from my attention and costs me key hands... for instance, missing a perfect steal attempt or position bet... plus I definitely don't have the setup (i.e. a panel of monitors) for multi-tabling.

So getting off that little tangent, February is coming to a close and the bankroll is at $514.19, up from the original $200 I started with piddling away at the $2+.25 SNG's. I'd like to get up around $600+ in March and start consistently playing the $10+1's, and maybe mix in some more MTT's. I have the results so far to know that it's possible, the only question mark is the time for me. Between everything else I'm doing (I'll explain all that later) it's difficult just to find an hour or two on the weekend to relax and play. The other thing I hate is that when I do have the time and want to play, I feel as if I shouldn't since it's like I'm trying to schedule poker in and have to rush through it. Ultimately it's recreational for me, and I shouldn't be watching the clock when I'm trying to relax and enjoy a hobby.

Of course I suppose posting here is also eating up a lot of time, but I enjoy this too... so, whatever. Time to grab some dinner for now.... I'll just leave you with one more thing in case you haven't seen or heard about this yet...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=141276

If you know David Sklansky, which most poker players do, I'm pretty sure you're with me in saying...

W

T

F???????

No comments: