Monday, March 10, 2008

AK 3-Way (HA)

This hand came up in a 6-handed turbo SNG, one of the Tier One's where winner gets a $26 Token and 2nd gets $10. Obviously I was going for the win and figured I was mostly ahead of their loose ranges here, with maybe one race or two. Do you play for the win and go for glory here, or save your chips for a less messy spot? I think the latter could be reasoned for having only a small raise in the pot and 2 re-raises behind you, but it's not the worst spot in this format of tournament. See what you think...


Full Tilt Poker, NL Hold'em Tournament, 25/50 Blinds, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: 1,520
Hero (UTG): 2,105
CO: 3,090
BTN: 255
SB: 2,030

Pre-Flop: (75) Kh As dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to 150, CO raises to 250, BTN folds, SB raises to 950, BB folds, Hero raises to 2,105 and is All-In, CO raises to 3,090 and is All-In, SB calls 1,080 and is All-In

Flop: (6,290) Ts Ah 7s (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
Turn: (6,290) 7d (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
River: (6,290) 5c (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 6,290 Pot
Hero showed Kh As (two pair, Aces and Sevens) and WON 6,290 (+4,185 NET)
CO showed Qs Qc (two pair, Queens and Sevens) and LOST (-2,105 NET)
SB showed 9s 9h (two pair, Nines and Sevens) and LOST (-2,030 NET)


I went on to win this one, thanks largely to this hand that gave me a dominating lead. I've now played 5 of these things (Tier One $6+.50 6-handed turbo) and won 3 of them. The plan is to amass 8-10 $26 Tokens and start playing the 2-table Tier Two SNG's, for which top 5 get a $75 Token. Hopefully get a few of those and eventually move on up to the Tier Three's to cash out big time. I have a sort of reasoning behind why I'm trying these step-SNG's and why I think they'll be profitable for me, but I'm going to save that for a later post.


One other question mark I've come across is in how I should record these things in my bankroll spreadsheet. Should I just treat the $26 Tokens as real money and include them in my bankroll total? Or should I wait until I actually cash something out from the Tier Three's (hopefully) to record it? Any thoughts?

No comments: