Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Super Update Mega Post

Things have been a bit hectic as of late... not as much time for poker and/or poker posts. So I'm going to try to throw a bunch of newsworthy things into one giant post here.

Newsworthy thing #1: Played $10 SNG #25 last Friday and managed to tack on another win. It was quite a crazy one though, as I went from 6-handed short-stack to big stack in a hand or two, the first involving a triple-up with the button (AJo) and SB (QQ)... I was in the BB with KK and managed to dodge some bullets. Got KK twice later on, including the last hand, and really dodged some more bullets, once against AKs with a flush draw on the flop, and lastly against J9s with an open-ended straight and flush draw on the turn. Had some serious clutch river cards for once.


I know this is far from a significant sample size, but I figured I'd post some updated stats, including... for the first time ever on TPTM... A PICTURE!!!

... of a graph. Yeah... it's a line illustrating my $10 SNG profit. But it's a step in a new and exciting direction, eh? Check it out...




$10 SNG stats:

Total Games: 25
1st: 7
2nd: 2
3rd: 6
4th: 1
5th: 2
6th: 4
7th: 3
8th: 0
9th: 0

Cashes: 15/25
ITM%: 60%

Amount Invested: $250 + $25 (fees) = $275.00
Amount Returned: ($45 x 7) + ($27 x 2) + ($18 x 6) = $477.00
Profit: $477.00 - $275.00 = $202.00
ROI%: $202.00/$275.00 = 73.45%

Not a shabby start at all, though I realize the ROI will likely decrease and eventually level out. Just as long as the total profit continues to increase.


Newsworthy thing #2: ESPN coverage of the 2008 WSOP begins tonight at 8:00 PM. I forget which event they're airing first but it should be good. I mean... it beats 99% of everything else on TV right?


Newsworthy thing #3: I bought some new Copag cards the other day. They're the Black and Gold ones seen here: http://copagcards.com/products.php?categoryid=5. Haven't played with them yet but they definitely seem a lot nicer than the crappy ones I've been using.


Newsworthy thing #4: I hate Facebook. But even more I've found that I hate people that play Facebook poker and brag about their millions of Facebook dollars. Something needs to be done about this.

Speaking of hatred, one more thing I can't stand is people online who don't understand push/fold poker with low M's. For example, I'm blinding away in an MTT last night with a stack of about 1700 in the 120/240 level. With an M of less than 5 I'm pretty much towards the high end of the red zone, and seeing as how I'm at a passive table I go ahead and push AJs in middle position. Some obvious bracelet winner types "nice bet... way to get paid there." Okay? Funny thing is it loosened him up a little and soon after I crippled his stack and he busted out on the next hand :-)

Alright I think that's about it for now. Might go play a game or two and see if I can keep the roll in it's upward trajectory.

Best of luck ya'll. - B

No comments: