Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Toughest Decision in the History of Mankind?

Lately I've been finding myself in these high-blind, 4-6 handed push fests where post-flop play is virtually nonexistent and you're pretty much in a race to get cards and win a coinflip. Not that this is unusual in SNG's, but usually after the first hour you're at least in the money. Being on the bubble makes things a little more interesting when you're trying to decide if you should call off most of your stack with A5s in the BB, or 66 on the button with two bigger stacks behind you. Lots of tough spots for sure, and here is one that still has me racking my brain. I've already posted it on 2+2, and got a mix of opinions, so I'm interested to hear what anyone here would have to say as well...

2+2 Link:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=251489

Both players here had been pretty tight/solid during the game, and hadn't even seemed to loosen up much even with the increasing blinds.


Full Tilt Poker, $10 + $1 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 150/300 Blinds, 4 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): 3,800
UTG: 4,794
BTN: 2,001
SB: 2,905

Pre-Flop: (450) Js Jd dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, BTN raises to 2,001 and is All-In, SB calls 1,851, Hero???


Judging by the 2+2 opinions, the suggestions seem to be something along the lines of: fold >= push > call and push low flop > call and check down. I'm still kind of undecided though. I ended up folding, the button had 99 and the SB had AQs. Neither improved so the button doubled up and we were still 4-handed. So in hindsight I felt like I should have called, but it's still a tough spot. At the time I was kind of happy to let the short stacks battle it out and not risk most of my stack, though I was really looking forward to snap-calling the button push up until the SB got involved.

Any thoughts?

No comments: