Thursday, July 3, 2008

WTF Hand of the Night (HA)

Played another two today, one lousy 3rd that I probably should've won since I had a nice lead going into 3-handed play, and one miserable 5th place, thanks to this gem, the official WTF Hand of the Night...


Full Tilt Poker, $10 + $1 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 80/160 Blinds, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: 2,640
Hero (UTG): 2,150
CO: 1,375
BTN: 6,075
SB: 1,260

Pre-Flop: (240) Jd Jc dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to 2,150 and is All-In, CO calls 1,375 and is All-In, 3 folds
Flop: (2,990) Ad 2d 9h (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
Turn: (2,990) 2s (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
River: (2,990) Kd (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 2,990 Pot
Hero showed Jd Jc (two pair, Jacks and Twos) and LOST (-1,375 NET)
CO showed 4s As (two pair, Aces and Twos) and WON 2,990 (+1,615 NET)


Really? In what realm of the universe is your suited Ace-rag ahead of my range? I'd been playing my usual tight game and had only open shoved like that 2-3 hands within the past few stages. It was an incredibly weak-tight game, with lots of 5-handed min-raising and min-betting going on... it was sick to me... no aggression at all, ugghh.

I'm starting to find that these $10 games usually have 1 or 2 loose-aggressive wackos that tend to go out within the first 3 stages and then things get tight and boring. Either that or they get lucky and amass an early lead, and then all of a sudden they turn into really tight-passive players along with everyone else. I did play the FTP 7:20 $5 MTT two nights ago and found that to be full of the usual donks. I'd like to mix in more MTT's over the summer with my abundance of free time, and taking a medium or big one down is on my poker to-do list.


Anyways, I'm going to call it a night and try to relax a bit. Probably spending the rest of the weekend with the lady friend, so going to lay off the cards for a little while and come back next week with a fresh mindset.

Have a fun and safe 4th of July. - B

No comments: